Welcome to the trainers toolbox podcast for fitness professionals where we harness the power of synergy through understanding and acheive excellence through education. Podcasting out of Alpena Michigan I am your host Casey Stutzman, Head trainer at Bay Athletic Club, Master Instructor for TRX and an Ignite Performance Master Trainer. a great story can never be told in one part so on today’s show we unveil part one of our epic saga the flow trilogy.
What is Flow?
- ultimate moments of happiness (in the zone)
- introduced by Mihaly Czikszentmihaly
- what your mental state is during flow
- everything is right with the universe
- time stands still
- the only thing on your mind is the task at hand
- the difference between pleasure and enjoyment
- watching TV vs Reading
- a key component of enjoyment is that when you finish an activity you have grown or expanded your horizions in some way
- How do you achieve flow?
- the perfect balance of skill and challenge
- bordom and anxiety happen when the balance is off
- staying in flow takes active effort, as skill increases so must challenge and the reverse
- there has to be rules/guidelines and feedback on progress/performance
- I finally understood my father in law when I learn about Flow
That wraps up another episode of the Trainer’s Toolbox podcast, thank you again for joining us. If you want more be sure to head over to CaseyStutzman.com and click Join the brigade to subscribe to our free content list. While your there we would love to hear your comments on this episode and suggestions you have for future episode topics. Join us in 2 weeks for our next episode where we continue the trilogy with the second installment of flow